Dating with Braces
A survival guide to braces and dating
Dating can be nerve racking enough without throwing braces into the mix. Questions like ‘Have they noticed yet?’ and ‘Will they care?’ are bound to enter the head of anybody in this situation
In all likelihood your braces will either go unnoticed, or the person sitting at the other side of the table will be full of admiration and respect for your decision to undergo treatment.
However, that is not to say that you can’t help your date run a bit more smoothly by avoiding embarrassing situations, which may inevitably begin with your choice of food!
Here is our ultimate survival guide to dating with braces:
- Don’t try to hide your braces by covering your mouth with your hand, you’ll only bring more attention to yourself!
- Don’t spend the whole date talking about teeth (yours or theirs!).
- Remember that they are there because they are attracted to you, with or without braces (unless of course they have a brace fetish!).
- Avoid foods such as spaghetti and spinach, you don’t want a smile full of food!
- Don’t leave them the number of your orthodontist instead of your own!
- Relax and enjoy yourself!
at The Beauty Society
31-33 Amersham Hill,
Buckinghamshire HP13 6NU
NHS: 01494 443002
Private: 01494 513797
at Dental Art
Grove Road, Beaconsfield,
Buckinghamshire HP9 1UR
Telephone: 01494 681367
at The Ashcroft Clinic
2 Ashcroft Drive,
Middlesex UB9 5JF
Telephone: 01895 831 049
at The Avenue
112 The Avenue,
London W13 8JX
Telephone: 0208 566 9567