Orthodontic Patient Guide
Octagon Orthodontics consists of dedicated and professional employees. We strive to be acknowledged by our clients, suppliers and regulators as the leaders in our sector.
This will be achieved by ensuring that we recruit and train highly professional staff whose ambitions are to exceed client expectations.
- To both motivate and invest in our team and acknowledge their value.
- To encourage all the team members to participate in achieving our aims and objectives.
- To clearly set and monitor targets in all areas.
- To invest in property, equipment and technology and innovative process based on a measured business case.
- To be accountable for individual and team performance.
- To support each other in achieving client expectations.
- Maintenance of the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Rapidly respond to the needs of team.
- To encourage innovation, ambition, enterprise and continuous improvement
We are able to offer disabled access and disabled toilet facilities. We are also able to offer RNID Ezeeloop induction loop. If you would like this policy or other information in another format that would better suit your needs, or in another language, then please let us know.
Equality, Diversity and Human Rights:
We value diversity, actively promote equality, tackle discrimination and harassment and ensure equality of opportunity.
Equality and diversity are fundamental in:
- Securing a diverse workforce.
- Ensuring accessible and competent services.
- Patient and public involvement in the development of our services.
It is our policy that no patient receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of their gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, marital status, religion or sexual orientation.
Even though children brought to the practice are solely the responsibility of the parent or guardian, we have child protection policies in place and all members of staff are trained to recognise signs and symptoms of abuse and are aware of the relevant supporting agencies.
Consultations & Confidentiality:
Patients under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to accompany them.
Consultations are conducted in private and all information given during consultations remains confidential.
Annual Survey of Clients:
We conduct an annual assessment of the views of our clients in order to inform and improve our service delivery. A summary of the results of this will be available on request.
Access to Health Records:
You have the right to access your records in accordance with the Access to Health Records Act. Please ask for details.
You may have a chaperone present during any consultation, assessment, treatment or review appointment. If you wish to bring a chaperone please let us know when booking your appointment.
Comments, Suggestions & Complaints:
Should you have any comments, suggestions or complaints please raise these initially with your therapist, clinician or another member of staff.
Written complaints will be acknowledged within 2 working days and we aim to give a formal response to complaints within 20 working days.
Should you be unhappy about the way in which your complaint has been are given below:
Care Quality Commission
103 – 105 Bunhill Row
London EC1Y 8TG
Tel: 0207 448 9200
at The Beauty Society
31-33 Amersham Hill,
Buckinghamshire HP13 6NU
NHS: 01494 443002
Private: 01494 513797
at Dental Art
Grove Road, Beaconsfield,
Buckinghamshire HP9 1UR
Telephone: 01494 681367
at The Ashcroft Clinic
2 Ashcroft Drive,
Middlesex UB9 5JF
Telephone: 01895 831 049
at The Avenue
112 The Avenue,
London W13 8JX
Telephone: 0208 566 9567